POSITION: Four-Year-Old Class Teacher (two classes)
TERM: 9.5-month annual contract, to include .5 months in August (to coincide with the class schedule for the 22-21 year) plus one week following school. School is in session September – May (*see note below).
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Preschool Director
HOURS: Compensated hours per week total 25.5 hours and include 15 hours teaching time, 7.5 hours prep time, and 3 hours administrative time. Classes will be held Monday, Tuesday and Thurs- day mornings and afternoons.
*Our School Year Schedule will be similar to the Helena School District #1 school year, but there will be exceptions. Classes for the children begin on the first Tuesday or Wednesday after Labor Day, and end on the Wednesday, Thursday or Friday of the week before Memorial Day.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal, preferred candidate would meet the following qualifications:
1. A commitment to the Christian faith, with a love of Christ and a desire to share that love with children and their families.
2. Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education; candidates with other credentials such as a Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education, Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education, or a Child Development Associate Certification, will be considered. *
3. A desire and ability to nurture the whole child, spiritually, emotionally, physically, socially, and cognitively.
4. Ability to relate to children and adults, provide leadership, and develop a warm, caring environment.
5. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
*Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
1. To share the love of Christ through the ministry of the Preschool.
2. Work cooperatively with all staff of Our Redeemer’s Lutheran Church and the staff of Our Redeemer’s Preschool, to promote and embrace the mission of Our Redeemer’s Lutheran Church and the mission of the Preschool.
3. Cooperate with the director and the other teachers to complete school-wide tasks and in areas of curriculum, classroom routine, usage of space, supply/equipment acquisition, classroom behavior/discipline management, and other areas as they are identified.
4. Maintain specified hours.
5. Notify director of absence or late arrival.
6. Follow the policies and procedures of the Preschool.
7. Report immediately all concerns involving children, parents, or classroom management to the director.
8. Design and supervise activities which promote the healthy emotional, social, cognitive, physical and spiritual growth of each child.
9. Respond appropriately to the children’s behaviors, needs, and concerns.
10. Provide and maintain an organized and clean environment.
11. Take responsibility for the upkeep of all equipment, materials, and supplies.
12. Maintain records of progress for each child’s developmental growth.
13. Work with parents to promote cooperation, understanding of development, and participation in the program.
14. Report to parents on child’s progress.
15. Ensure the safety of the children at all times. Supervise assistants and volunteers in the classroom.
16. Participate in required functions sponsored by the Preschool, and in optional functions when possible.
17. Other duties as needs arise.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $17.50 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
OUR REDEEMER'S LUTHERAN CHURCH
Helena, Montana www.ourredeemerlives.org
POSITION: Preschool Director
Our Redeemer's Lutheran Church's Preschool Director is responsible for the effective daily management and operations of the preschool, providing a nurturing, Christian educational environment that is aligned with the most effective developmentally appropriate learning practices. The Preschool Director is responsible for budget, facilities, and staff selection, development and management, as well as communications, marketing and general school administration. The position will work closely with the Ministry Team and preschool families, in addition to others.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Position Updated: May 11, 2022
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for all day-to-day operations of the preschool.
- Maintain a Christian environment for students, staff and families.
- Maintain a visible presence throughout the facility, build relationships with students, families and staff.
- Maintain complete student files and ensure confidentiality of all student records.
- Maintain paperwork on school operations, incident reports and other documentation. Prepare reports as required by law (IRS form 5578, State Immunization reports, etc.).
- Ensure that staff are following policies and procedures.
Staff Development/ Curriculum
- Stay current in new developments related to early childhood education and distributes applicable information to staff.
- Oversee hiring and training of teachers and Preschool staff. Observe and monitor classroom instruction, providing feedback and guidance when needed. Complete an annual evaluation of each staff member.
- Maintain scope and sequence (curriculum); ensure curriculum is implemented throughout program and updated when needed.
- Assist teachers in identifying special needs of individual children and performs formal/informal observations as needed. Suggest and help implement appropriate interventions with students if needed.
- In conjunction with staff members, arrange and oversee special events and resource personnel for preschool enrichment programs.
- Plan and lead regular staff meetings and facilitate communication among staff.
- Create substitute teacher list and assist with arranging for teacher coverage when required. Step into teacher role when needed.
- Oversee student assessment process in winter and spring. Maintain developmentally appropriate progress reports and update when needed.
- Design and facilitate staff self-evaluations at the end of each school year.
- Evaluate program through family surveys at least once per school year, using results to make necessary improvements.
- Oversee all preschool communication.
- Attend church staff meetings and communicate with staff regarding preschool activities, and events. Coordinate facility use with church for regular and special events.
- Establish and maintain communication with other preschools/ early childhood organizations both locally and outside the community for support, guidance, and mutual assistance.
- Purchase and maintain all supplies and equipment required for preschool use. Maintain adequate quantities of consumable items throughout the year.
- Enforce safety/security standards for students, staff, families and visitors, including regular inspection of all school spaces and equipment. Schedule annual playground inspection and file report with the Director of Facilities.
- Coordinate any needed repairs/maintenance/updates of indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Maintain and update emergency evacuation procedures.
- Create, plan and implement annual budget and ensures expenses stay within budgeted amounts.
- Recommend tuition and other fees. Prepare and distribute monthly tuition invoice for families. Coordinate invoices for Lunch Bunch program.
- Present annual budget, including staff compensation, to church council for final approval.
- Update school handbook and policies, enrollment forms as needed.
- Set dates and procedures for enrollment process.
- Create and distribute yearly brochure, including website maintenance.
- Provide information for prospective families regarding program, facility and curriculum. Schedule and provide tour of facility and class visitations. Accept enrollment forms, process supply fee payment, maintain class lists and update changes as they occur. Confirm enrollment and provide receipt for supply fee. Maintain waiting list for full classes and contact families with updates when needed.
Student Development/Family Relations
- Provide a warm nurturing and educational environment in which students, families and staff cooperate in a positive learning experience
- Ensure that children with special needs, including medical needs, have appropriate accommodations which are known to staff. Care Plans, as well as needed items, are known and available.
- Facilitate and encourage parents to serve as classroom helpers.
- Provide families information on community resources including speech therapy, early childhood identification, occupational therapy, etc. Coordinate with other service agencies as needed and with parent approval.
- Document and report any suspected child abuse and/or neglect to the Department of Family Services, or assist teacher in making report.
- Recruit new volunteer board members as needed.
- Set meeting times and reserve space on church calendar.
- Meet with board president and develop agenda for each month’s meeting.
- Prepare and present Director Report at each meeting. Facilitate teacher reports.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- A commitment to the Christian faith, with a love of Christ and a desire to share that love with children and their families.
- Extensive knowledge of early childhood development principles and developmentally-appropriate educational practices.
- Classroom teaching experience. Administrative experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with adults and children.
- Ability to create a positive, safe, and nurturing environment for children.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with teachers, support staff, parents, and students in a positive and constructive way.
- Ability to plan, manage, and evaluate curriculum and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in a child-related field. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Experience with managing a budget effectively.
NOTE: Only minimum duties are listed. Other responsibilities may be required as requested by the Lead Pastor.
Call the office (406) 442-7842 for more information about how you can get your own space in our community garden! Plus, help out in the Helena Food Share section to help feed children and families in need!
For more information about some of our feeding ministries, visit our website here: https://www.ourredeemerlives.org/global-outreach/.
7:00am Sunrise (outdoors)
8:30am Traditional Worship with Brass Ensemble
11:00am Rejoice Worship with Contemporary Music
In the coming weeks, we will invite several guest musicians to help us lead worship.
Palm Sunday at 8:30am
String quartet, playing traditional hymns
Good Friday, April 15 at Noon and 6:30pm
Mari Youngquist on the cello
Easter Sunday at 8:30am
Brass ensemble of three trumpets, euphonium, tuba, percussion, and organ
Sunday, April 24th at 8:30am
Tess Michels, the harpist for the symphony will lead traditional hymns
Join us every Wednesday in Lent at 6:30pm for Holden Evening Prayer, a time of meditative music, contemplative prayer, and comforting scripture.