We are doing our best to provide the important service of worship and sacraments, while navigating the pandemic. See our COVID-19 Plan here for protocols. If you are sick, vulnerable to COVID, or otherwise feel as though you should not come to worship, please stay home and be safe! We will continue to offer online worship; you can tune into here.
• Confirmation classes for 6-8th grade students will resume (email Pastor Kendra for details).
• SafeHouse (high school youth group) and KidzEd (grades K-5) are resuming Wednesday evening from 7:15pm – 8:00pm (later for HS kids). Contact Jackieor Lizfor details.
• Plans for high festival days are underway. We plan to release a special video of Lessons & Carols with scripture readings from congregation members and special musical and virtual choir performances from our ensembles. This will be released on Thanksgiving Day.
• Most outside groups that use the church are on hold. However, we are currently working with special groups (such as Helena Food Share and the Scouts) to facilitate their use of the building in a safe manner.
• Every day, Pastor Arne sends our Your Daily Encouragement emails to offer hope, strength, and the Word of God to those in need. Please contact Jason to be included on the email list.
• Private communion service is offered monthly at Touchmark. Email Pastor Kendra for details.
• If we can reach out to you, if you are in need, have questions, or help, please reach out to one of our pastors.
We are doing everything we can to keep our community of believers and spread the Word of God, during this difficult time. God be with you and stay safe!
We will resume on-site worship on June 14th. There will be two services, one at 9:00 and one at 10:30.
Entrance to the building will be through the doors on the East end of the building.
Worship will be live-streamed at 9:00am and uploaded to our YouTube page.
Masks will be required. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.
Physical distancing must be maintained.
There will not be KidTime or nursery services at this time. Provisions will be made for families to sit in the Great Room. The service will be projected in the monitor in the Great Room.
We will have communion at each service.
The congregation will be asked to follow usher instructions.
Congregational singing will be allowed.
We will resume bringing communion to shut-ins when we enter “Phase 3” of the state’s reopening protocols.At that time, we may also begin bringing communion to those who are not comfortable coming to worship at the church.
There will not be a coffee hour
in establishing this plan, we have carefully and prayerfully considered the conditions in Helena at this time. We utilize CDC guidelines to help preserve the health of our most vulnerable members and to mitigate our congregational liability.
W.O.W.! (Worship on Wednesdays) is the confirmation ministry of Our Redeemer’s Lutheran Church for and with 6th-8th grade students and their families.
The core of WOW! is weekly worship (Weds, 6:30-7:15 pm) and small groups (Weds 7:15-8:00 pm) which runs from September through April. WOW! also includes fun activities and games, service projects, and an annual retreat. You do not need to be Lutheran or a member of ORLC to join WOW! though you do need to register. Please register now if you are a first-time or returning student.
A $25 registration fee is requested to cover the expense of materials through the year.
Mark your calendar for the first WOW! on September 11th at 6:30 p.m.
We thank God for the election of our new bishop elect, Reverend Dr. Laurie Jungling. She will serve the Montana Synod of the ELCA for a six-year term, beginning with her installment, scheduled for September 21st, right here at ORLC!