During this COVID-19 pandemic we have established the following guidelines for those who choose to attend worship in person. Our goal is to minimize risk and keep everyone as safe as reasonably possible, while continuing to offer worship ministries. Our plan is based upon the best science available and the recommendations of health and public health officials, given the circumstances of our local area in Lewis and Clark County, Montana.
- Offered Sunday mornings a 9:30am (for the summer; the school year schedule is subject to change).
- For those not able to attend in person, we stream live on YouTube and the videos are accessible at any time on our website.
- Required for all worshipers while inside the building.
- Clean masks are available just inside the front entrance if you need one.
- Rows of chairs are spaced about 6 feet apart.
- Families/groups are asked to keep distance from others of about 2+ chairs.
- We ask that you keep your children seated with you.
- The nursery and the Pray Ground are temporarily unavailable during the pandemic.
- If you need a break, our Great Room is available for stretching your legs, with tables and chairs, big open spaces, and a live audio feed.
- Kid’s Worship Bags are available for all children ages 3 through 5th grade to provide engagement during worship.
- KidTime Children’s Worship is available online each week at www.OurRedeemerLives.org/Live for ages 3 through 2nd grade.
- Sunday School and Wednesday night KidzEd will reconvene this fall in person. We will require all children to wear masks, keep a 6-foot distance from all other children outside of their family, and wash/sanitize hands and items touched throughout class.
- Congregational singing is permitted; most people choose to sing quietly or not at all.
- You are also welcome to meditate quietly on the lyrics.
- Opportunities for singing have been reduced during this time.
- Song leaders at the front sing through ‘pop filters’ that minimize their droplets.
- Just inside the front entrance restrooms are available.
- Sanitizing spray is available, please sanitize the space you use.
- Is celebrated weekly.
- The bread and wine/grape juice are offered in individual cups.
- Ushers help folks queue up and maintain distance.
- Please do not remove your mask until you are at the front where you receive the elements.
- If you wish to receive a blessing instead, please indicate that to a pastor. Parents are invited to bless their own children.
- During the pandemic, we are limiting the use of the building, aside from weekly worship.
- Most outside groups are also choosing to cancel their events.
- Select ministry events and groups are continuing their work, while taking necessary precautions.
- If you have specific questions, please contact the front office.
Ministering to Retirement Communities
- ORLC provides communion and worship services to many different communities around Helena. We are working with health officials to resume these services as soon as it is practical to do so.
- Contact the front office if you have specific questions.
- Our Preschool will resume the normal schedule for the 2020-21 school year (as of the writing of this document). Contact Trudy Burke (the preschool director) for more information.
Baptisms, Weddings, Funerals, and Other Special Events
- These are considered on an individual basis. In most cases, a private service is possible.
- If you have an event that may reasonably be postponed, we ask that you consider this.
In the event of an outbreak, we will make every effort to notify all people who may be affected by email and by phone. For this reason, it is very important that you fill out and leave in the offering plate an attendance sheet (these are provided at worship, attached to the bulletin). In the event a pastor must quarantine and is not available to preside at worship, we have arrangements for substitutes.